Website Design and SEO Case Study
We love working with small, local businesses and watching them grow from an idea into a prospering enterprise. In this case study, we’re focusing this case study on a company just starting.
You’ll see how we took a budding business, put them on the map (literally), and got their business going. This is why it’s so essential to establish an online presence, especially if you have a brick-and-mortar business.
We were contacted by Renegade Classics CTX, a local motorcycle apparel company about to open in Temple, TX. They’re a franchise of a much larger company, Renegade Classics, and this is their first location. The client had high hopes for the store and was very excited about the opportunity to open in such a prime location. However, there were a few challenges.
First, their brand was utterly unknown in the local area. While their brand is a nationwide leader, they started from scratch in this new location. Getting their brand out there and attracting customers was a significant challenge. They needed to become a known name quickly.
Second, the client had a limited budget for marketing and advertising. Their overall budget included a brick-and-mortar retail space, retail equipment, inventory, and employee salaries – advertising wasn’t a top priority. They needed to allocate resources strategically to get the most bang for their buck.
Lastly, the client’s target market was particular – they targeted male and female motorcycle enthusiasts aged 25-60. Targeting a specific market can be both a blessing and a curse. On the one hand, it allows you to focus your efforts and marketing materials to reach your ideal customer. However, it also means that if you’re not getting that target market, you’re not reaching anyone.
With that, we had to develop a specific solution to help the Renegade Classics CTX overcome these challenges and meet their goals.
Renegade Classics CTX was looking to us for help overcoming these challenges, and we were more than happy to oblige. Here’s a look at some strategies we used to help them open successfully.
- Branding. Typically, when a company opens as a franchise, they inherit the parent company’s branding. However, we modified the branding just a bit to give them more of a polished look and their own appeal. Honestly, the parent company’s branding isn’t exceptional.
- Website Design. We developed a professional design for their website that aligned with their new branding. We also created custom content for the site that would appeal to their target market. Countless products were listed with photos to appeal to potential customers.
- Search Engine Optimization. One of the most important things for a new business is to be easily found online. We optimized their website to rank high in search engine results when people were searching for motorcycle apparel in the local area. This involved on-page and technical SEO. Their budget didn’t include comprehensive content or a link-building strategy, so we had to get creative.
- Google Business Profile. Essential for every local business, we created and optimized their Google Business Profile. This included claiming their business, verifying their listing, and adding photos, hours, and keywords.
- Social Media. We set up social media accounts for the client and created content that would appeal to their target market. We started and optimized Facebook and Instagram accounts that would resonate with their target audience. The business owners are incredibly active on their platforms, which has helped them to grow their following organically.
These strategies serve as a foundation for the client’s marketing efforts. As we advance, they can continue to build on these strategies and add new ones as their budget allows.
It’s imperative that a new business try a few digital marketing strategies and assess what’s working and what’s not before they expand its budget. With a limited budget, it’s essential to allocate your resources strategically. By starting with the strategies above, the client could set themselves up for success.
While their business is still in its infancy, the Renegade Classics CTX has seen tremendous success. They’ve managed to overcome the challenges they were facing and have even exceeded their expectations.
The strategies we implemented for them have worked exceptionally well, and they’re on track to have a very successful first year in business. They see over 2,000 visitors to their website each month, and their social media following is proliferating.
While most of their traffic comes from social media, organic traffic from search engines is also starting to increase. Thanks to our efforts, they’re now ranking locally on the first page of Google for several key terms, including “motorcycle apparel,” “motorcycle gear,” and “motorcycle accessories.”
The owners of Renegade Classics CTX is pleased with our results, and we look forward to continuing to help them grow their business in the future. We’re incredibly proud of our work for them and are excited to see how their business progresses.