Small businesses often find themselves struggling to do everything themselves. This can include everything from bookkeeping and accounting to marketing and sales. While it is certainly possible to do all of these things, it can be challenging – especially if you are not particularly good at any of them. That’s where outsourced marketing for your small business comes in.
Suppose you’re not familiar with this term. In that case, outsourced marketing is simply the practice of hiring a company or individual to handle all of your marketing needs. This can include everything from social media and content marketing to email marketing and lead generation. Outsourced marketing takes all the guesswork and stress out of marketing your small business.
Don’t worry; we’ll help you decide if outsourced marketing is right for your small business.
Why would a company outsource marketing?
Marketing is a daunting and ever-changing task, especially for small businesses. It can be challenging to keep up with the latest trends and best practices and even more difficult to find the time and resources to implement them. This is where outsourcing comes in.
Outsourcing marketing allows you to tap into a team of experts who can help you create and execute a successful marketing strategy. This can save you a lot of time and energy and free up resources that can be better used elsewhere in your business.
I’ve heard numerous anecdotes of small business owners spending dozens of hours researching and trying to implement SEO tactics, only to see little or no results. This is because SEO is a complex and ever-changing field, and unless you have someone on your team who is an expert, it can be complicated to get it right. Of course, anyone can learn it. However, when do you have time to become a pro when you’re already trying to wear a million other hats in your business?
You want your business to succeed, and outsourcing marketing can help you get there. It’s an investment that can pay off in a big way, giving you the time and resources you need to focus on other areas of your business.
Outsource to companies that specialize in marketing.
Fortunately, some companies specialize in marketing and can be an excellent resource for small businesses. These companies have teams of experts who are up-to-date on the latest trends and best practices and can help you create and execute a successful marketing strategy.
When you outsource marketing, you’re essentially hiring a team of experts to help you with all aspects of your marketing. They help with creating ads and social media content, managing your website, and analyzing data. This can be a great way to get the help you need without having to hire a full-time marketing team, which can be very expensive.
There are various fields of marketing, each with its experts. So, depending on your needs, you can outsource to a company that specializes in a specific marketing area, such as SEO, social media, email marketing, or even event planning. Some (like us) are digital marketers and focus on getting your brand online.
Standard services digital marketing agencies provide.
Since we discussed a few types of marketing in the previous section, let’s now take a look at some of the standard services digital marketing agencies provide-
- Search engine optimization (SEO): This is the process of optimizing your website and content for Google search to get higher rankings and more organic traffic.
- Social media marketing (SMM): This involves creating and sharing content on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to build relationships with potential and current customers.
- Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising: This is a type of online advertising where you pay for each click on your ad. It’s a great way to drive traffic to your website quickly.
- Email marketing: This involves sending newsletters, promotional emails, or other types of email communications to your customers and prospects.
- Content marketing: This involves creating and sharing valuable content (such as blog posts, ebooks, infographics, etc.) to attract attention and build relationships with your target audience. This can also translate to SEO.
- Web design and development: This involves creating a website optimized for search engines and easy to use.
You might be familiar with some of these services but not others. And that’s okay! The important thing is that you understand that there are companies out there that can help you with all aspects of your marketing.
Remember, you don’t have to be an expert on everything. You can outsource to companies that specialize in specific areas of marketing, and they can help you create and execute a successful marketing strategy.
Why outsourced digital marketing is a good idea for your small business.
At this point, you might be thinking, “Why would I outsource my marketing when I can just learn it myself or hire someone in-house?”
Well, there are a few reasons why outsourcing digital marketing is a good idea-
- You’ll save time. When you outsource to a digital marketing agency, you’ll save a lot of time because you won’t have to do everything yourself. You can focus on other areas of your business while the agency handles your marketing.
- You’ll save money. It’s often cheaper to outsource to an agency than to hire a full-time in-house marketer. This is because agencies already have the resources and manpower to do the job. There are numerous tools and software required for marketing, and agencies already have these tools.
- You’ll get access to experts. When you outsource to an agency, you’ll have access to a team of experts who can help you with all aspects of your marketing. This is a great way to get the help you need without hiring a full-time marketing team.
- Higher ROI. Since you’ll have access to a team of experts, you can expect a higher ROI from your marketing efforts. Agencies know what they’re doing and can help you get the most out of your marketing budget.
Watch for red flags and do your due diligence.
If you’re going to outsource your marketing to an agency, you want to make sure you choose a reputable one. There are a lot of agencies out there, and not all of them are created equal.
Here are a few red flags to watch out for-
- Lack of experience. You don’t want to outsource your marketing to an agency that doesn’t have any experience. Make sure you check out their portfolio and case studies to see what they’ve done in the past.
- Poor communication. Communication is critical when working with an agency. You want to ensure they’re easy to get in touch with and that they’re responsive to your questions and concerns. If they’re not responsive during the pre-sales process, they’re likely not going to be responsive after you’ve signed a contract.
- Hidden fees. Make sure you know what you’re getting for your money. Some agencies will try to sneak in hidden fees, so it’s essential to know precisely what you’re paying for. Ask them to itemize their services and costs so you have a clear understanding of what you’re paying for.
- Lack of transparency. A good agency will be transparent about its process and what they’re doing to help you. If they’re not, it’s a red flag.
- Overpromising. Some aspects of marketing are out of an agency’s control, such as SEO. Suppose an agency is promising you the moon. In that case, it’s likely they’re overpromising and won’t be able to deliver on their promises. They can guarantee what efforts they’ll put forth, but they can’t guarantee results.
Research the agency you’re interested in.
While those are some things you should look out for, there are also some things you should look for in a good agency. Take your time and see what a few agencies have to offer.
- Check out their website and make sure it’s professional. This is a good indication of how they’ll handle your marketing.
- Look for reviews and testimonials from past clients. This will give you a good idea of what it’s like to work with the agency.
- Make sure they have a solid understanding of your goals and objectives. They should be able to create a custom plan that meets your needs.
- Ask about their process and how they measure success. This will help you gauge whether or not they’re the right fit for you.
Think outsourced marketing is right for your business?
If you’re ready to take your marketing to the next level, outsourced marketing could be the right solution for your small business. Just make sure you do your due diligence and choose a reputable agency.
When done right, outsourced marketing can save you time and money while helping you achieve your goals.
If you have any questions, give us a call, and we’ll be happy to chat with you about your marketing needs.